Seamless Migration / Transfer Instructions (Cable / DSL)
To Transfer from local cable company to UnmeteredDSL
It's not a transfer as cable internet services and UnmeteredDSL may operate concurrently at the same premise. To switch from Cable to UnmeteredDSL, please request a "New Install" for UnmeteredDSL at your location and cancel the cable service once your UnmeteredDSL is installed. With the CRTC's new prohibition on prolonged cancellation policies: you may cancel your cable service as soon as your UnmeteredDSL service is online.
To Transfer from active Telus DSL service (non-PPPoE) to UnmeteredDSL:
- Please call Telus (888-811-2323; Mon. - Fri.: 7:30 am - 9 pm, Sat. - Sun.: 8 am - 8 pm, Statutory holiday hours 9 am - 8 pm local time) and request they cancel your DSL service for your next billing cycle or at least two weeks from today's date; be sure to request 3 details from them:
- Out Order ID - Usually a 5-6 digit (confirmation) number generated by Telus' billing systems after a cancellation request is placed. If unavailable, we can still file an order/transfer request.
- Pseudo Number / Line Number - a 10-digit phone number addressing the DSL line portion of the telco service. Telephone company customer service can provide this number or it will also most likely be on a tag inside your telephone company "demarcation" (junction) box on the side of your house.
- Cancellation Date - Please enter this as your requested install date in the form below. We request at least a minimum of 2 weeks from the current date as your transfer date for a seamless migration to Unmetered Internet.
- The local telephone company does not need to access the inside of your premise.
- Connect PPPoE capable modem to DSL line and setup PPPoE information from Client Area in your modem or router.
To Transfer from competitive DSL service (PPPoE) to UnmeteredDSL:
- Please call your ISP and request they cancel your DSL service at least two weeks from today's date; be sure to request 3 details from them:
- Out Order ID - Usually a 5-6 digit (confirmation) number generated by local telco billing systems after a cancellation request is placed. (NOT REQUIRED)
- Pseudo Number / Line Number - a 10-digit phone number addressing the DSL line portion of the telco service.
- Cancellation Date - Please enter this as your requested install date in the form below.
To Transfer from active Shaw service to UnmeteredCable:
- Enter your Shaw account number in our order form and relevant modem information.
- Please request an installation date at least one week from present date.
- Select which Cable Internet package you would like to have installed and complete order information.
- Await receipt/configuration of modem on installation date and connect modem to cable line in place of previous Cable modem.
- Continue Browsing UNMETERED™!